Cryptotechnologies’s Know Your Customer Policy and Anti-Money Laundering (“KYC/AML”) Policy covers the following matters:
- Verification procedures.
- Compliance Officer.
- Monitoring Transactions.
- Verification procedures
1.1. Identity verification
- Cryptotechnologies’s identity verification procedure requires each User to provide Cryptotechnologies with reliable, independent source documents, data or information (e.g., national ID, international passport). Cryptotechnologies reserves the right to collect User’s identification information for KYC/AML Policy purposes.
- User acknowledges and agrees that Cryptotechnologies may confirm the authenticity of documents and information provided by the Users and Cryptotechnologies reserves the right to investigate certain Users further at any time, verify User’s identity in an on-going basis and request up-to-date documents from the Users, even if User passed identity verification in the past.
- Compliance Officer
- The Compliance Officer is the person, duly authorized by Cryptotechnologies, whose duty is to ensure the effective implementation and enforcement of the KYC/AML Policy. It is the Compliance Officer’s responsibility to supervise all aspects of Cryptotechnologies’s anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing, including but not limited to:
- Collecting Users’ identification information.
- Establishing and updating internal policies and procedures for the completion, review, submission and retention of all reports and records required under the applicable laws and regulations.
- Monitoring transactions and investigating any significant deviations from normal activity.
- Implementing a records management system for appropriate storage and retrieval of documents, files, forms and logs.
- Updating risk assessment regularly.
- Providing law enforcement with information as required under the applicable laws and regulations.
- The Compliance Officer is entitled to interact with law enforcement, which are involved in prevention of money laundering, terrorist financing and other illegal activity.
- Monitoring Transactions
- User acknowledges that Cryptotechnologies may monitor and analyze transactional patterns. Cryptotechnologies performs a variety of compliance-related tasks, including capturing data, filtering, record-keeping, investigation management, and reporting, including:
- Regular check of Users against recognized “black lists” (e.g. OFAC), aggregating transfers by multiple data points, placing Users on watch and service denial lists, opening cases for investigation where needed, sending internal communications and filling out statutory reports, if applicable;
- Case and document management.
- Cryptotechnologies reserves the right to:
- ensure that transactions of suspicious nature are reported to the proper law enforcement through the Compliance Officer;
- request the User to provide any additional information and documents in case of suspicious transactions;
- suspend or terminate User’s Account when Cryptotechnologies has reasonable suspicion that such User engaged in illegal activity.
- The above list is not exhaustive and the Compliance Officer may monitor User’s transactions on a day-to-day basis for any purpose, including to determine whether such transactions are to be reported and treated as suspicious or are to be treated as bona fide.
We may also ask for feedback from you on how you would like to allow your information to be used. These situations may supplement Cryptotechnologies’s privacy practices or may provide you with additional choices about how we use your personal information.
Information Cryptotechnologies Collects
Information we collect from you is done in order to provide you with the best possible services and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) and Anti Money Laundering (“AML”) obligations. You always have the choice whether to provide us with your personal information, but you may not be able to access all of our platform or have as customized of an experience if you choose not to share certain information.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Cryptotechnologies may collect and how we may use this information:
- When you register for a Cryptotechnologies trade, we collect the following information to meet our legal obligations: your name, date of birth, email address, gender, and a copy of a legitimate form of identification. Cryptotechnologies uses this information in order to be able to contact you, provide you the best possible services we can, and also to comply with all applicable KYC/AML regulation. We may utilize our third-party service providers acting on our behalf to verify your identity or personal information. We may also use third-party and/or government lists in order to verify that your identity does not match up with any watch lists and/or criminal databases.
- If we suspect any suspicious activity being done in your Cryptotechnologies account, we may request additional information and confirmation that it is in fact you who is conducting this activity. We may utilize our third-party service providers acting on our behalf to investigate this activity and ensure maximum security of your account and any funds that may be at risk.
- Whenever you contact us or are in communication with us, we receive your contact information and any other personal information associated with this communication. Cryptotechnologies will use this information to answer your questions and/or respond to any service issues you may have.
- If allowed by you, Cryptotechnologies may access your social media pages and the personal information stored by you at these third-party social media sites. This information will only be accessed with your authorization and will never be given or sold to any third parties.
- Cryptotechnologies may access any content you post on various Internet sites. Information posted in these places is public information and appears through Google searches or searches on these platforms. Please don’t post anything to these sites that you do not wish to be made public information.
- When you providing us with your email on advertising pre-registration forms, we may contact with you by using our third-party services to help you register for a Cryptotechnologies account.
How Cryptotechnologies Uses Your Information
We collect your personal information in order to provide you with security and the best possible customer experience while using our platform. The personal information you provide helps us know you as a customer which helps us create the best possible experience for you and improve our services as necessary. We also use your data to comply with regulations and create and maintain a reputation of strict compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Here are some examples of how we may use personal information:
- To comply with our KYC/AML obligations;
- To detect any suspicious activity or illegal activity that may compromise your account or our service platform;.
- To verify your identity by analyzing your information against third-party databases;
- To send trading updates and order information to you;
- To access your account in order to troubleshoot problems;
- To customize your account and use of our platform;
- For the utmost security and to detect any viruses or attacks such as hacks, spoofing, wash trading etc.;
- To provide you with customer support;
- For statistics on how customers use our website and platform;
- To communicate with you about any necessary updates or occurrences.
We will never use your personal information without your permission for any other purposes other than those detailed here. Throughout your use of Cryptotechnologies’s platform we may ask your permission to share your information with third-party service providers, which you may always refuse. However, if you do refuse, you may not have access to certain parts of our services or platform’s features.
Our Third-Party Service Providers
Cryptotechnologies is partnered with several third-party service providers that provide security, liquidity, and identity services for us. We need these service providers in order to provide the highest quality customer experience and also to comply with applicable laws and regulations. Your information may be shared with these parties only as necessary in the following instances.
Public Databases & ID Verification Partners
Cryptotechnologies shares your information with third-party service providers in order to verify your identity. These parties are required to help us verify your identity in order to comply with KYC/AML regulations. Using public databases and government records, these parties assure us that you are on no terrorist or criminal watch lists and that you have not forged your identification information. This process is necessary to comply with our legal obligations and also protects you as a customer from fraudulent users transacting on our platform. We may utilize additional information about you to ensure our platform is not used fraudulently or for any illicit or criminal activities of any kind.
Why Cryptotechnologies Shares Your Information
Cryptotechnologies will only share your information with third-party service providers or employees when it is absolutely necessary for them to perform their duties and comply with applicable laws and regulations. Cryptotechnologies will never sell your information to third parties. We will only share your information in the following circumstances:
- With our third party service providers to verify your identify and prevent fraud. These parties will cross-check your information with public information and government databases in order to make sure we comply with regulations and you are not on any watch lists.
- In the event of a court-approved or mandated sale, we may share your information with other parties to this event.
- In the event that Cryptotechnologies receives any legal order such as a subpoena or court order, we may be obligated to share your personal information. In this scenario, we will comply with legal authorities to the best of our ability and will act in compliance with all applicable laws at all times.
How Cryptotechnologies Shares Your Information
If you use your Cryptotechnologies account to execute trades and transfer various cryptocurrencies to third parties for any reason, we or you may also provide the seller with your information in order to help complete your transaction. If an attempt to transfer cryptocurrency to a third party is cancelled or invalidated for whatever reason, we may provide the third party with details of the failed transaction. In order to facilitate a resolution, we may provide a party with the other party’s address so that assets may be returned.
In connection with a transfer or transaction between you and a third party, a third party may share information about you with us, such as your email address which we can use to communicate with about this third-party transfer or transaction. We may use this information in order to verify the parties to the transaction and to communicate with both parties until a resolution is reached.
If you allow a third-party access to your Cryptotechnologies account then any personal information you have provided us may be shared with those third parties.
How Cryptotechnologies Protects Your Information
Cryptotechnologies takes your security extremely seriously, which is why we employ the most trusted security providers and utilize the most enhanced security technology available to protect your confidential information. We protect your personal information by using all the most sophisticated safeguards in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations.
We cannot guarantee that attempts to tamper with or acquire your information will not occur. Please take responsibility for your account’s safety and security to the best of your ability. Best practices include choosing a password which is not easy to guess, storing your password and information safely, and not sharing them with anybody. Please notify us immediately if you suspect any suspicious or unauthorized activity being carried out on your Cryptotechnologies account.
Additionally, transmissions over the Internet are not guaranteed. We cannot guarantee or warrant the security of information that is sent to us or by us through an Internet or wireless connection. This includes email or text message communications. Please take all relevant safeguards, including using protected networks and utilizing two-factor authentication whenever possible. Please notify Cryptotechnologies customer support immediately if you suspect or fear any possible breach of your information.
International Transfers of Information
Cryptotechnologies is a global platform and may store or transfer your information to a country other than your country of residence. Cryptotechnologies will comply with any and all applicable regulations, including recent GDPR regulations with regards to customer information. Cryptotechnologies will only use information in ways that are in accordance with the purposes under which the data was collected and authorized by the Cryptotechnologies user. We will take all reasonable measures to ensure personal information we come in contact with is kept secure and is restricted to use for the reason it was collected.
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to legal orders by relevant authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Modifying/Updating Your Personal Information
Collection and Use of Other Information
Cryptotechnologies collects and uses other user information such as “cookies” that are utilized in connection with your device when you use our website and platform. This provides us with valuable information that can help us learn how users interact with our website and platform in order to provide the best possible experience for customers. It also provides us with information about the specific device you are using and web-browser information. This can help us prevent fraud and detect suspicious activity.
In addition, these “cookies” and similar technologies collect certain information about your geographic location (what country and/or city you are in) as well as IP addresses, language, preferences, and other customer relevant information. This information is used solely for efficiency, convenience, and legal compliance purposes and will never be given or sold to a third party unless it is necessary for one of our third-party service providers or required by law. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our website, including pages accessed and links clicked. We may use identifiers to recognize you when you arrive at the Site via an external link, such as a link appearing on a third party site.
Cryptotechnologies will never knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If a user submitting personal information is suspected of being younger than 18 years of age, Cryptotechnologies will investigate and freeze/terminate this user’s account until necessary documents are provided to us. Please notify us if you know of any activity being done on our platform by anyone under the age of 18.
GDPR became effective on 25 May 2018. This enables Cryptotechnologies customers who reside in the EU (“EU residents” or “data subjects”) to exercise certain rights with respect to their data.
Cryptotechnologies does not and will not sell your data to third parties. We collect personal information to provide you with our services. When we do collect data it is primarily because it is mandated by law — such as when we must comply with anti-money laundering laws — or to verify your identity and protect you from potential fraudulent activity.
Please find a list of your data rights and data types associated with those rights below.
You may request access to and obtain a copy of your personal data stored by Cryptotechnologies. Specifically, you may request access to the following:
- Contact Information: Includes your full legal name, date of birth, photographs, phone number, home address, email, tax ID number, utility bills, and information from your submitted photo ID (which may include your passport number, driver’s license details, national identity card details, gender, or signature)
- Financial Information: Includes bank account information, payment card primary account number (PAN), or other information about your added payment methods
- Transaction History and Trading Data: Includes information specific to the transactions you’ve entered into on the Cryptotechnologies platform
- Job-Related Information: Includes your job title and any other provided descriptions of your employment
- Online Behaviors: Including device data and your site interactions
- Activity Log: Includes logs of your click-stream data
- Communications: Includes records of your correspondence with our Support team
- Survey Responses: Includes your responses to any surveys you completed for Cryptotechnologies
- Connected Applications: Includes applications you have connected through your Cryptotechnologies account
- Referrals: Includes information related to any referrals you have made to Cryptotechnologies
This is essentially the same as the right to request access, except you may receive a copy of your data in machine-readable form.
You may request deletion of some or all of your data. Note that if you request deletion of data we collect for legal or identity verification purposes, you may be required to close your account and withdraw funds from the Cryptotechnologies platform. In addition, data subject to regulatory retention or record keeping requirements will not be deleted until such requirements have been met.
You may delete the following data without impacting your access to Cryptotechnologies services:
- Marketing and Communications Data (this includes website engagement metrics and cookies)
- Survey Responses
- Connected Applications
Requests for deletion of any of the following may result in the closure of your account:
- Contact Information
- Financial Information
- Transaction History
- Trading Data
- Job-Related Information
Cryptotechnologies will retain such data to the extent that processing is necessary:
- for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
- for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by Union or Member State law to which Cryptotechnologies is subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest;
- for reasons of public interest in the area of public health in accordance with points (h) and (i) of Article 9(2) as well as Article 9(3);
- for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89(1) in so far as the right referred to in paragraph 1 is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing;
- for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
You may request to correct, modify, or complete your data. If you request correction or modification of data we collect for legal or identity verification purposes, your ability to access Cryptotechnologies services may be limited while we verify the new information.
The following data is modifiable directly through your account settings:
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Home address
- Email address
- Bank account information
- Payment card PAN
The following data may be modified by you uploading a new photo ID:
- Full legal name
- Passport number
- Driver’s license number
- The following additional information may be modified by Cryptotechnologies at your request:
- Utility bills
- Tax ID
- Job title
- Employment description
- Survey responses
The following data is not modifiable:
- Transaction history
- Trading data
- Click-stream data
- Any letters or attachments sent by you to Cryptotechnologies
- Support call recordings.
Request Restriction of Processing
You have the right to restrict or object to us processing your personal information where one of the following applies:
- You contest the accuracy of our data and wish to have it corrected
- You believe the processing of your data is unlawful but wish for us to hold the data instead of erasing it
- You require the data for a legal claim
- You object to our legal basis for the collection of your data
For scenario 1, we will direct you to modify the data you believe is inaccurate. For all other scenarios, your request will be submitted to a specialist for review.
If you have any questions or if you would like a copy of this information sent to you, please email our Customer Support team at email@example.com .